Professor, Associate Chair
B.S., Sydney University, 1983
M.S., Sydney University, 1985
Ph.D., Sydney University, 1988
Algebra and Algebraic Geometry, Topology
M. Dyer works in the general area of group theory and representation theory. Research is focused on Coxeter groups, Iwahori-Hecke algebras and their relationships with representation theories from algebraic groups, semisimple and Kac-Moody Lie algebras and groups, and quantum groups.
- M. Dyer. On the Bruhat graph of a Coxeter system. Comp. Math., 78:185-191, 1991.
- M. Dyer. Hecke algebras and shellings of Bruhat intervals II; twisted Bruhat orders. In Kazhdan-Lusztig-Theory and related topics, volume 139 of Contemp. Math., pages 141-165. Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, 1992.
- M. Dyer. Hecke algebras and shellings of Bruhat intervals. Comp. Math., 89:91-115, 1993.
- M. Dyer. The nil Hecke ring and Deodhar’s conjecture on Bruhat intervals. Invent. Math., 111:571-574, 1993.
- M. Dyer. Quotients of twisted Bruhat orders. Jour. of Alg., 163:861-879, 1994.
- M. Dyer. Bruhat intevals, polyhedral cones and Kazhdan-Lusztig-Stanley polynomials. Math. Z., 215:223-236, 1994.
- M. Dyer. Algebras associated to Bruhat intervals and polyhedral cones. In Finite-dimensional algebras and related topics, volume 424 of Nato ASI Series C, pages 95-121. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, London, 1994.
- Y. Billig and M. Dyer. Decompositions of Bruhat type for the Kac-Moody groups. Nova jour. of Alg. and Geom., to appear.