- Honors Program: This program is designed for students interested in pursuing graduate work in one of the mathematical sciences.
- Career Program: The career program is designed for students who want to use matheamtics as a a tool in science or industry, and emphasizes problem-solving while still providing a grounding in theory.
- Life Sciences Program: Majors in the life sciences program complete take 20 additional credit hours in biology and chemistry. The program satisfies the University’s recommended criteria for application to medical school.
- Mathematics and Computing: designed for those going into graduate study or industrial careers in computing science.
- Mathematics Education Program: Majors in the education program complete 30 credithours of education courses at St. Mary’s College
- Business Administration Program: The program is designed to prepare students for a career in business or in the actuarial profession. In addition to courses in mathematics, the program includes course in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, and Management.
- Mathematics and Engineering Science Program: for students interested in applied or industrial mathematics.
- Honors Program in Arts & Letters This is a rigorous mathematics major program, in the College of Arts and Letters, which like the Honors Program is aimed at students with a more theoretical bent, and in particular at students who may want to pursue graduate study in mathematics.
- Mathematics as a Second Major Students may pursue a second major in mathematics by completing all mathematics courses required for the Career Program. In order to list mathematics as a second major on the transcript, the student must satisfy all of the requirement for a major in some other department of the University.
- Supplementary Degree (MTH2): For students in Arts & Letters or Mendoza College of business. Requirements are all of the math coursesin the Career Program in addition to the requirements of the students' primary major.
- Actuarial Minor: This program is open to stuents in any major who are interested in pursuing a career as an actuary. Contact Sonja Mapes (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Study Abroad Programs:
- Dublin (Trinity or UCD)
- St. Andrew's
- London (Spring only and by special arrangement)
- Hong Kong
- Perth (Fall is preferable)
- Budapest Semesters in Math (Non-ND program)
Generally if there is a program you are interested in where you will be allowed to take math courses we will be happy to consider them.