Ph.D. in Mathematics: Princeton UniversityPrinceton, NJ - June 2013
M.A. in Mathematics: University of California, BerkeleyBerkeley, CA - June 2008
B.S. in Mathematics: Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA - June 2007
Algebra and Algebraic Geometry
I am an algebraic geometer with interests in Gromov-Witten theory and machine learning. In Gromov-Witten theory, I work on problems relating to classical enumerative geometry as well as more modern curve counting theories, and my work has connections to representation theory and physics. In machine learning, I am contributing to the mathematical foundations of machine learning by studying the geometry of the central objects in deep learning.
- The loss landscape of overparameterized neural networks, arXiv:1804.10200. Submitted.
- A Fock Space approach to Severi Degrees of Hirzebruch Surfaces, arxiv 1709.01159. Transactions of the AMS, to appear.
- A Fock Space approach to Severi Degrees with R. Pandharipande, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, 114 (2017) no. 3, 476–494.
- Geometry of Stable Quotients in Genus One, Mathematische Annalen, 361 (2015), no. 3-4, 943–979.
- Mirror Symmetry for Stable Quotients Invariants with A. Zinger, Michigan Math Journal, 63 (2014), no. 3, 571–621.
- Properties of a Finite Graph Determined by its Zeta Function, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 16 (2009).
- Congruences For Modular Forms of Non-Positive Weight with N. Wage and I. Wang, International Journal of Number Theory, 4 (2008), 1–13.