Minh Chieu Tran
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2019
B.A., National University of Singapore, 2010
My research area is model theory, a subject lying on the boundary of mathematical logic and geometry. In my works, I explore interactions between model theory and other areas of mathematics like combinatorics, field arithmetic, and number theory.
- Minimal and nearly minimal measure expansions in connected unimodular groups (with Yifan Jing), arXiv:2006.01824.
- A nonabelian Brunn-Minkowski inequality (with Yifan Jing and Ruixiang Zhang), arXiv:2101.07782, under review at Geometric and Functional Analysis.
- Étale-open topology and the stable field conjecture (with Will Johnson, Erik Walsberg, and Jinhe Ye), arXiv:2101.07782, accepted to Journal of the European Mathematical Society.
- Zarankiewicz’s problem for semilinear hypergraphs (with Abdul Basit, Artem Chernikov, Sergei Starchenko, and Terence Tao), Forum of Mathematics, Sigma, volume 9, 2021.
- Interpolative Fusions (with Alex Kruckman and Erik Walsberg), Journal of Mathematical Logic, volume 21, no 2.