B.S., National Taiwan University, 1977
M.S., Princeton University, 1978
Ph.D., Princeton University, 1981
Office: 244 Hayes-Healy
Phone: (574) 631-6357
Fax: (574) 631-6579
For additional information see Mei-Chi Shaw’s Personal Page.
My research interests are in several complex variables, partial differential equations and complex geometry. I am currently working on the Cauchy-Riemann operator and CR geometry on complex projective spaces and negatively curved manifolds. The goal is to understand how the presence of positive or negative curvature will influence solutions to the Cauchy-Riemann equations and function theory on complex manifolds. Methods from geometric measure theory and harmonic analysis are especially useful on domains which lack smoothness.
- M.-C. Shaw. L^2 estimates and existence theorems for the tangential Cauchy-Riemann complex. Invent. Math., 82:133-150, 1985.
- H. Boas and M.-C. Shaw, Sobolev Estimates for the Lewy Operator on Weakly pseudo-convex boundaries, Math. Annalen, 274 (1986), 221-231.
- M.-C. Shaw. L^p estimates for local solutions of on strongly pseudo-convex CR manifolds. Math. Annalen, 288:36-62, 1990.
- J. Michel and M.-C. Shaw. Subelliptic estimates for the -Neumann operator on piecewise smooth strictly pseudsconvex domains, Duke Math. J. 93 (1998), 115-128.
- So-Chin Chen and Mei-Chi Shaw, Partial Differential Equations in Several Complex Variables AMS/IP Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Vol. 19, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, International Press, Boston, MA, 2001 (Math. Review: 2001m:32071), pp. xii+380.
Please direct questions and comments to: Mei-Chi.Shaw.email@example.com