Frederico J. Xavier
B.S., University of Pernambuco, 1971
M.S., University of Pernambuco, 1973
Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1977
Office: 214 Hayes-Healy Hall
Phone: (574) 631-6288
Fax: (574) 631-6579
For additional information see Frederico Xavier’s Personal Page.
Differential geometry, geometric analysis.
- F. Xavier (with L. P.Jorge), A complete minimal surface between two parallel planes, Annals of Mathematics, 112 (1980), 203–-206.
- F. Xavier, The Gauss map of complete minimal surface cannot omit 7 points of the sphere,_ Annals of Mathematics,_ 113 (1981) (erratum on v.115, 211–-214).
- F. Xavier (with H. Donnelly), On the differential form spectrum of negatively curved manifolds, _American Journal of Mathematics,_ 106 (1984), 169–-187.
- F. Xavier (with B. Smyth), Efimov’s theorem in dimension greater than two, Invent. Math. 90 (l987), 443-450.
- F. Xavier (with B. Smyth), Injectivity of local diffeomorphisms from nearly spectral conditions, _Jour. Diff. Eq.,_ vol. 130, No. 2, 406-414 (1996).
- F. Xavier (with J. Cao), Kahler parabolicity and the Euler number of compact manifolds of non-positive curvature, Math. Ann., 319, 483 — 491 (2001).
- F. Xavier (with S. Nollet), Holomorphic Injectivity and the Hopf map, Geometric and Functional Analysis (GAFA) 14, No. 6 (2004) 1339-1351.
- F. Xavier, Using Gauss maps to detect intersections, _L’Enseignement Mathematique,_ 53, 15-31, 2007.
- F. Xavier, Rigidity of the Identity, _Comm. Cont. Math,_ 9, 691-699, 2007.
- F. Xavier (with S. Nollet, L. Taylor ), Birationality of etale maps via surgery, _J. reigne angew._ Math. 627 (2009), 83-95.
Please direct questions and comments to: Frederico.J.Xavier.firstname.lastname@example.org