Rev. John Cardinal O'Hara, C.S.C Professor of Mathematics
B.S. (Laurea), Università degli Studi di Padova, Padova (Italy), 1990
Ph.D., Rutgers University, 1995
Office: 272 Hurley
Phone: (574) 631-8849
Fax: (574) 631-6579
For additional information see Claudia Polini’s Personal Page.
Commutative Algebra and its interactions with Algebraic Geometry. I am particularly interested in the theory of linkage and residual intersections; blow-up algebras, such as Rees algebras, symmetric algebras, special fiber rings, and associated graded rings; objects associated to an ideal such as its integral closure, its core and its reductions; and Hilbert functions.
- A. Corso, C. Polini and B. Ulrich. Core and residual intersections of ideals. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- A. Corso, C. Polini and B. Ulrich. The structure of the core of ideals. Math. Ann., to appear.
- A. Corso and C. Polini. Strongly Cohen-Macaulay ideals of small second analytic deviation. Bull. London Math. Soc., to appear.
- A. Corso and C. Polini. On residually S2 ideals and projective dimension one modules Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 129 (2001), 1309-1315.
- C. Polini and B. Ulrich. Necessary and sufficient conditions for the Cohen-Macaulayness of blowup algebras. Compositio Math. 119 (1999), 189-211.
- C. Polini and B. Ulrich. Linkage and reduction numbers. Math. Ann. 310 (1998), 631-651.
- A. Corso, C. Polini and W.V. Vasconcelos. Links of prime ideals. Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 115 (1994), 431-436.
Please direct questions and comments to: Claudia.Polini.email@example.com