Professor of the Practice
M.S., National University of Singapore, 1994
Ph.D., University of Utah, 2001
Office: 250 Hayes-Healy Hall
Phone: (574) 631-6658
Fax: (574) 631-6579
For additional information see Arthur Lim’s Personal Page.
I am equally passionate about mathematical research and pedagogy. My mathematical research interest lies in combinatorial matrix analysis and its applications. I am currently investigating the connection between difference equations and the representation of Lie algebras using combinatorial methods.
Mathematics pedagogy to me is communication art. I enjoy explaining the technicalities of mathematics in the context of its history and development. Another aspect of my pedagogical interest is in designing mathematical exercises that encourage deeper thinking and learning.
- Effects of Competition Among ISP and Content Providers on the Net Neutrality Debate, with Guo, Bandyopadhyay, Yang and Cheng – Accepted Nov 2015 to appear MIS Quarterly.
- Cross-Market Integration and Sabotage, with Guo, Jiang, and Vakharia, International Conference on Information Systems 2014 Proceedings.
- On Product of Companion Matrices, with Jialing Dai, Linear Algebra Appl. ~435 (2011), no. 11, 2921-2935.
- Approximating fourier Transformation of Orbital Integral, C.K. Arthur Lim, J. Math. Anal. Appl. ~296 (2004), 594-602.
- Multi-resolution on Compact Groups, with Chen-Bo Zhu, Linear Algebra Appl. ~293 (1999), no. 1-3, 15-38.
Please direct questions and comments to: email@example.com